Doukhobors in Riverview Cemetery – Kamsack, Saskatchewan
The following is a transcription of the Doukhobors interred in Riverview Cemetery at Kamsack, Saskatchewan. Land location: SE 19-30-32 West of First. Note this is a partial transcription of this cemetery. Transcribed by Jonathan J. Kalmakoff and Fred J. Strelieff on July 31, 2006.
View of the sign at the cemetery entrance.
Riverview Cemetery was established in 1904. Since that time, it has been used by Doukhobors living in the town and surrounding area.
It is owned and managed by the Town of Kamsack. The cemetery is in very good condition.
The cemetery is approximately eight acres in size and is enclosed by a fence and shelterbelt. It is comprised of four sections (Riverview Old, Catholic, Riverview, Riverview North) with rows facing east-west. With over 1,140 Doukhobor interments, it is the largest Doukhobor cemetery on the Prairies and second largest in Canada. Click here for an online cemetery map.
Riverview Cemetery is located half a mile (1 km) north of Kamsack, Saskatchewan on Highway No. 8. The cemetery is on the west side of the highway. This cemetery is open to the public.
View of the cemetery from the north facing south.
Notes: Various sources of data have been used in compiling this information including: marker transcriptions and cemetery maps. This is not a transcription of the entire Riverview Cemetery nor is it intended to be.
If readers have any comments, corrections or additions with respect to the Kamsack Cemetery, please contact Jonathan J. Kalmakoff