The following is a transcription of the Alexeyevka Doukhobor Cemetery located 12 miles south of Kamsack, Saskatchewan. Rural Municipality of Cote No. 271. Land location: NW 21-28-32 West of First. Compiled August 13, 2005 by Jonathan J. Kalmakoff with Ron Tetoff.
View of the cemetery from the west facing east. It is marked by a bluff of trees.
Alexeyevka Cemetery was established in 1903 by the Doukhobors of Alexeyevka village near Kamsack. After the abandonment of the village site in 1905, the cemetery ceased to be actively used. Over the years, it has become badly overgrown. The cemetery is privately owned.
The cemetery is approximately a tenth of an acre in size. There is dense scrub and brush throughout. The cemetery contains approximately 3 interments. The graves are unmarked and leveled. Today, all that remains is a bluff of trees in the middle of a pasture.
To access the cemetery, travel south from Kamsack on Highway No. 8 for 9 miles (14.5 km). Turn west on the gravel road and continue for .6 miles (.9 km). The cemetery is on the east side of the road, approximately 200 yards (183 m) from the road allowance. This cemetery is on private property and permission to access should be obtained by the owners.
There is no burial register, cemetery plot map, death certificates, grave markers or other records for Alexeyevka Cemetery. The following families resided in Alexeyevka village and may have members buried in Alexeyevka Cemetery: Bartsoff, Cherkasoff, Dvortsoff, Hoolaeff, Kazakoff, Konkin, Koochin, Laktin, Makortoff, Ogloff, Popoff, Poznikoff, Rezansoff, Ribalkin, Rilkoff, Savenkoff, Sotnikoff.
Another view of cemetery from road allowance facing east.
Special thanks to Betsy Popoff and Ivan Filipchuk for assisting in locating the cemetery. This is a work in progress. If readers have any comments, corrections or additions with respect to Alexeyevka Cemetery, please contact Jonathan J. Kalmakoff.