Doukhobor Genealogy Website  

The Doukhobor Gazetteer - Search Details

 

Kirpichnoye

District: Winlaw
Province: British Columbia
Country: Canada
 
In 1913, Community Doukhobors established a village on the Slocan River in the Winlaw district of British Columbia. A communal brick factory was built there, however, it was soon abandoned as the clay soil turned out to be unsuitable for brick production. The name stuck, however, and the village became Kirpichnoye (Кирпичное) meaning “brickworks” in Russian. It was also known by its translated name Claybrick. By the 1960’s, the village merged into the nearby community of Winlaw. [District Lot 3463, 3816 & 10419 Kootenay District] [49.62556° N, - 117.54699° W]
 

 

 

 
Search Again